tiistai 26. kesäkuuta 2018

Pilatus

In the Gospel of John (18:38) Pontius Pilatus asked Jesus what is the truth. The Gospel don't tell the answer to Pilatus or us (or at least not in the way we would expect), but one truth is, I achieved one of my goals: to be at top of Pilatus! Wow, wait. Not that Pontius Pilatus man, but a mountain in Switzerland.

Yes, finally one of my dreams came true. Actually many dreams did.

A good friend of my exchange year came with me this time. Rob Island. He was easy travel company also in a sense he knows what life was five years go. I didn't have to explain anything and he got excited about the same things I did. Or maybe even more than I did, 'cause I've been visiting Switzerland way more often than he has.

I wanted to stay those awesome 5 days, we had, somewhere else than in a hotel/hostel. I had so much luck in this, 'cause I found a very nice flat in the best place of Bern, Länggasse. Near everything (Uni., Gelaterie di Berna, railway station, the city centre and Neufeld forest) and the flat was cosy and swiss. I could move in right now. Thank you, renters!

Sleeping and living things were in good order, but again, the people, friends, made the visit. Every night there was more than one friend to meet and to hang out. Laugh, drink a beer, have a dinner or a picnic. It made me smile to hear what kind of plans my friends have and they are OK. From Fellergut times we have grown up, at least that bit, that on work days we have to go to sleep earlier.

What I always want to do when I'm in Switzerland, is to hike. To go somewhere up and to see the views. Pilatus has been one of my dreams years already, but usually when I come to Switzerland, it rains or the weather is cloudy. Well, this time wasn't exception. The weather was very cloudy on the top and we didn't see much. Or mostly just white/grey. But when hiking up, glimpse of the Sun lighted what breathtaking views there are. Good reason to go back to really see everything.

Hmm, the weather was actually better than forecasted. It rained mostly in the nights. But the forecast didn't tell how many old faces I was going to see. The last morning I was delighted to meet quickly Alte Testament. He is not really old. The Old Testament is. And his road is heading to Helsinki in a month, like Yugos. They are coming to Finland!
By the way, you can find Pontius Pilatus in The New Testament. Thank you God for your word in the Bible, thank you for blessing my friends and Switzerland. Keep doing that, then you are blessing me too.

Hei, I did had so much fun! Let's do it again! Let's meet again! Let's find me a job and a flat so I could stay longer in the heart of Europe!

Bern from Rosengarten

Views from almost the top of Pilatus Kulm
Kitchen in our rental flat
Jehei, home town looks quite same, cosy

Rösti
Swimming in Aare :)


Here I present all the great views! At Pilatus.

Main building - University of Bern

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti