torstai 24. toukokuuta 2018

Ferrari-fast trip to Ferrara


Ferrari-fast: less than 48h in destination, but good hours! How many hours do you need for an adventure?

Ferrara is a big city (in Finnish perspective) 50km from Bologna and there lives about 130 000 citizens. And for a change or for the first time it was nice to to see ”normal” Italy, not only those very famous parts and spots full of tourists. Ferrara seemed cosy to me, coloured mostly in warm brown. Lots of narrow streets, old buildings, a castle(!!), and a huge wall surrouded the city (the place to run in Ferrara). People were also very nice, always saying hello. I’d say the atmospheare in the city was warm and welcoming.

 
View to backyard at the Great Nika's house

Oh, and the people were the main purpose to visit Ferrara. My friend from my Swiss time lives in the city. The Great Nika. And he still got his funny laugh (which I haven’t ever told him before, maybe?). Jeje, so good to see him after couple of years. The Great Nika has a very nice home (they dry dishes like in Finland, they have a drying cupboard), and he married this beautiful woman, and now they have (almost) always smiling one-year-old son. I played with this little Nika and the language wasn’t problem at all, we understood each other very well. He knows many languages.

It wasn’t just the Great Nika family. Also the grandmother was visiting at the same time. With her it was a bit more difficult to communicate ’cause my Albanian is so bad. But we all know that expressions and gestures are telling way more than just words. Also when running to catch the bus on Wednesday morning at 4 am and being a bit lost, just say the word you know in Italian (my case: il treno -> the bus left from the train station) and you will get instructions in Italian with hand gestures. When I reached the bus one minute before departure, the driver told I should have bought the ticket in advance... Luckily he still let me ride. Grazie MILLE!!

And one more human being: my Husband. The Great Nika has a nice friend too, and quite soon I became his wife. He is a musician. Between our household chore quallers he taught me new way to think about music and kept me company while the Great Nika was working. So cool to jump into new situations and get to know new (handsome) faces. Yes, my Husband is very handsome.

Ah yes, the connection between Ferrara and Ferrari. The car Ferrari and the city Ferrara are not connected. I’m just fast. Ferrari-fast.


Visit Ferrara.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti